Sunday, February 19, 2006

2-19-06

The bad weather yesterday wasn’t actually all that bad, if that is possible. There was just a light coating of ice and cold weather.

There is supposed to be some more bad weather heading our way this morning, but nothing so far.

I spent a lot of time yesterday working on my web sites to hopefully make them better. I currently have five web sites. Heavener Online (a community web site), halltheway (my personal web site with blogs, links to all my other stuff, etc), hallaboutmoney (a web site I am developing on personal finance), Heavener Gifts (which was apparently a bad mistake), Victory Worship Center (a site I developed for our church).

Also, there is my photo site.

Every day, I spend time on the Heavener Online site along with halltheway. When I have the time, I am working on the hallaboutmoney site. Currently, that site is just in the layout mode with little content.

Hopefully I can add some content today. Ever since I got into finance, it has bothered me that so many people don’t have clues about money. I really hope this site helps.

Before I started Heavener Online in August, I didn’t have a clue on how to do a web site. I started playing around and figured a lot of stuff out. I haven’t gotten into the fancy graphics yet, but can lay out a site fairly well.

A lot of that goes back to the old newspaper days and from messing with desktop publishing stuff.

I publish this blog and my two others (a sports blog and money blog) on halltheway and through blogger.

My wife worries that I spend too much time messing with the computer, but along with writing and photography, those are my hobbies.

------

I can honestly say that I am enjoying this three-day weekend. I guess this would be the hump day of the three-day weekend. The bad weather is probably going to keep us home again, aside from a possible church trip.

The other day, I couldn’t remember why we were getting off work on Monday. I saw the silly ads for President’s Day and realized that was why we were getting off. This is one of the class action holidays, honoring a bunch of people at one time.

We have six people in the Hall household, plus Rufus. Aside from the usual four, my daughter is here for the weekend along with one of the boys’ many cousins.

When he called, it was to spend the night on Friday. As usual, that means the whole weekend. He’s a good kid and doesn’t cause any problems so it doesn’t bother me.

We watched Just Like Heaven last night. We saw the movie at the theater but the wife liked it so it was one of her Valentine’s gifts. I got a leaf blower!

The movie was okay. As far as chick flicks go, it was not blood curdling like so many of them. There are actually a few interesting moments.

It was much better than the movie we watched on Friday. The wife rented a movie called Proof.

Ugh. It was about a crazy old man played by Anthony Hopkins and his daughter, played by Gweneth Paltrow, who fears that she is going to be as loony as her father.

If this doesn’t sound all that thrilling, there is a good reason: IT ISN’T. I would rather watch dog ticks fight to the death than watch this crap.

The wife is usually the movie renter in the family. This means that sometimes the movies reek, but it keeps me from getting anything that I will regret. I have never lived down the whole Jackie Brown rental back in our dating days.

I also suggested we go watch 40-Year Old Virgin at the theater. Now the movie was hilarious, but not the type of movie you want to take your wife and children to see. We left about halfway through.

That was one of the last movies I suggested we see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home