Friday, February 10, 2006

2-10-06

It’s a Friday morning here in the old Hall household.

Early on a Friday morning. Like 5 a.m.ish. Oops, that almost turned out to be Amish.

I made the Heavener basketball games last night. Boys and girls won. I had to leave the boys game a little early. When I left, the Wolfies were getting beat and things looked dim.

Naturally, they came back and won on a last-second shot. Just my luck, eh?

The weather dudes have me confused. After promising gloom and doom this morning featuring bitter cold temperatures and snow, it’s almost warm out.

I don’t guess the old cold front has arrived in the Heavtown yet.

We’re having the 25th reunion for the great graduating class of 1981. Everybody says that it’s hard to believe that many years have gone by blah, blah, blah. But I’m going to say it (actually write it) anyway, without the blah part at the end.

Our classmates have scattered near and far. I’ve lost track of many of them and several have passed away.

I still see some of my old classmates as several of them still live around here. I don’t get to see them as much as I like because we’re all tied up in way too much stuff. But they are still friends.

With some of them, we can get back to old times just like nothing has ever changed. For others, there is a distance that didn’t use to be there. Like some kind of buffer zone. It’s cordial but there’s no way to be as close.

The years in school were some of the best in my life. But like most people, we all looked forward to graduating and growing up, believing a better life existed. I bailed on our 20th reunion five years ago for some reason that I still have not figured out. Partly because to see people I’ve known since we were old enough to walk look old makes me realize that I am no longer the proverbial spring chicken.

Time has been good for some, not so good for other classmates. I’m sans hair for the most part. It seems to bother other people a lot more than it does me. I consider it a time saver. Just whack on a little shampoo and water, then hit the head once with a towel and I’m good to go.

Back in the old days, we never knew the problems that awaited us like job changes, divorce, financial problems and everything else that all adults have to go through. We had a golden future ahead of us.

Then we found out adulthood for some of us isn’t all that it’s cranked out to be.

-------

Enough reminiscing! Guess what the wife and I get to do tonight?

Well…I’m waiting!

Okay, you’re probably wrong, not that I have a clue what went through your gourd.

We’re going to a Valentine’s Day party at our church. No, it’s not Valentine’s Day but fairly close, I guess, not that I actually have a clue when the actual Valentine's Day is, something I better figure out.

Plus, it’s a 50’s theme. Now that should be fairly interesting. This is one time I do wish that the old Craigman still had hair so I could apply some gook to it and slick it back.

We dressed up like this at work last year and I wore a wig that had nothing to do with the 1950s. Just might shave the old melon so I can look like the tough guy that you might not realize that I really am.

Then I can sneer a lot and growl, something my wife says I already do. She also says I don’t listen very well, but I usually make her repeat that as I missed it the first time.

------

I’m not keeping you up to date on my weight since you guys were too cheap to pledge money in the Craig Weight Loss Challenge.

But I can still be bought! Just think of the fun we can all have if you pledge as little as a dollar per pound. Heck, if I get enough pledges, I might just wind up looking skeletal and anorexic.

------

Enough for today. I must wrap this baby up and move on out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home