Wednesday, February 08, 2006

2-8-06


My gosh, sometimes I am embarrassed to say that I actually lived through the 1970s.

At least I survived without getting the drug head that marked so many of that generation.

This morning, I had the radio turned to a 70s station since the 80s station hacked me off by playing too much Michael Jackson and George Michael.

So how do they entertain me? There was some good music from the 70s, you know. It wasn’t all crap.

But no! I get the privilege of hearing Get Up and Boogie! I had actually forgotten that song existed. Hopefully at no time in my past did I ever hum along or bounce my head to this ditty.

As a public service, I would like to share the lyrics to this song:

(That's right) Get up and boogieGet up and boogie(That's right) Get up and boogieGet up and boogieBoogieBoogie (etc. etc.)

What the crap is (etc. etc.)?

This has got to be the most dreadful song ever recorded, bumping Louisiana Saturday Night from the bottom spot.

------

The picture I posted above was my photograph for the day yesterday. It's a picture of a barn (uh, duh?) that is on some land my parents own next to my spread. I have always liked the way it looks with the rock supports and old paint.

We were going to Poteau and I had to crank out a quick picture. If you want to see a larger image, go here. If you would like to see the gallery for my 2006 photo project where I am taking and posting a picture every day, go here.

I have written and talked bad about our new puppy, Rufus. Now, I shall praise him. The little guy was a good fellow for the most part yesterday and last night.

He only woke me up twice last night and no nipple attacks. Rufus is starting to sleep a little better. Now if he would give up on this irritating toe biting.

------

If this wasn’t sad, it could be funny. Three guys protesting cartoons were killed by Afghan police.

Protesting a cartoon. Killed. Hmm. We are being grouped in with the Danish in the protests. I guess it’s cause we’re Americans or something.

------

My wife got us some new vitamins that are supposed to make a big change in our life! It’s called Trivita. It’s a combination of sublingual B-12, B-6 and folic acid.

Apparently none of us get enough B-12 and the other stuff. This is supposed to give more stamina, mental clarity and a positive outlook! Yeah! I took one yesterday and can’t really feel any change, but it warns that it might take a month to kick in, just in time to order another bottle.

The only thing I noticed after taking the first pill yesterday was an increased urge to poot, but that might just be me.

-----

Enough fun for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home