Monday, January 30, 2006

Monday, Monday...


Another Monday morning. Eh. It is a little after 5 in the a.m. as I sit in my office writing this and trying to write something interesting. Not off to a good start, eh?

Let’s see what were the top items in the Craigman’s social agenda this weekend: uh, hang on, I will come up with something.

I guess the most exciting thing we did was make two trips to Wal-Mart, once Saturday morning and again last night after church. Every time I go in that store, I wonder where some of these people come from.

They got more than their quota of different people. It seems like the later it is, the worse the caliber of customers. We had goths last night, a group that looked like extras from Deliverance and many more too numerous to mention.

Sometimes I like to just sit on the bench at the front and watch the people, although that is like an invitation for some really old guy to come sit next to me and discuss the weather and his medical ailments.

I forgot to mention a trip to Subway in Poteau Saturday night to grab a sandwich. My wife had not ate a Subway in a while and that was our excitement for Saturday night.

It’s not like there are any good movies out to watch. It actually didn’t bother me to sit at home most of the weekend as Seinfield kept me entertained most of Saturday.

I keep going outside to check on the dogs but the puppies are still gone. Bummer.

--------

The picture you see above was the picture I took for yesterday in my photo project. I have wanted to get a picture of the railroad bridge for a long time and decided to try and do it yesterday (please see below for an explanation of my behavior).

This bridge is just south of Hodgen. I have always wanted to get a picture from the other side, but found that this side is even better, in my opinion. It required a little walk and to walk across the bridge. Images of Standy by Me were floating through the old brain so I walked rather briskly.

The youngest son accompanied me. There's no telling how old this bridge is along with the rock support.

-------

After thinking about it for a couple of minutes, I have made an important decision about the difference between guys and gals.

Both men and women and women strive for challenge. Normally, this is just associated with men as they like to hunt and tackle projects that they don’t have the skills or patience to finish.

However, this is also true with women. Usually, this does not come out of their system until after marriage. True, they are nesters, but they also want the challenge of molding their fellow to their own tastes.

Just like on everything else regarding marriage, I believe women attend a top-secret school to learn how to do this and wait until after the “I do’s” to keep from scaring the guy off.

Then it is time to go to work. Ever notice how different a guy looks and acts after he gets married? Some guys are able to fight off the changes while others eventually succumb to the “nag factor”.

All guys have one. It is the amount of nagging required before the guy wilts and gives in to the above mentioned changes or whatever else the wife wants.

It could be different clothes as in the old “you AREN’T going to wear that, are you?” I get that one frequently. Then it falls into eating habits “don’t talk with your mouth full of mashed tators!” to cleaning.

“You haven’t taken a shower in two days!” Like that’s against the law on the weekend. They also aren’t real pleased with the love of their life letting out bodily noises, especially the ones that leave an odor.

The women also seem to have their goals lined up. They have the short-time goals such as getting rid of the ear hair, to the mid-term goals like getting the hubby to stop wearing the pants with the big hole in the crotch, to the long-term goals. This falls into the social behavior changes along with turning over financial control and not questioning a woman’s decisions.

Then, there are guys. Their only challenges are the manly ones like shooting a big buck, actually getting two pars out of 18 holes or building that new shop building out back that will provide a nice hiding spot from the wife.

That’s about enough for today.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I think you did just think about the differences between men and women (married, of course, of course) and I do believe you did just spend 2 minutes on this deeply profound subject. I think your data base is far from extensive, but not a bad avenue for detailing woes. Sounds like a good, homey weekend to me and the picture is great. So glad you had your stalwart canine companion with you while undertaking this physically challenging task.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Craig Hall said...

It was rather extensive research for me. The weekend was good, even though it was a little lame. Actually, I didn't take the dog with me, it was my youngest son.

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home