Thursday, January 26, 2006

My postpartum depression



First off, I want to thank everybody for the extremely kind cards, emails and phone calls for my 100th blog yesterday.

As you can suspect, it was a big day for me. One hundred blogs! Just think of all the time I have wasted doing that?

Actually, I didn't get any cards, emails or calls. Not that I care. I know, deep down (where it really counts that you really, really like me!)

Don't you?

----

This is actually the second time I have tried to write this blog today. Earlier, I was almost through and going through my usual Wham rant. I found this really gay picture of them that I was going to post when it killed my connection.

Dang the Wham! There they are! Bad Wham! How can anybody enjoy listening to a group that actually sang Wake Me Up Before You Go Go?

What I was ranting about was that I turned on my Sirius radio last night while goofing off and guess what the first song was? Some Wham crap!

It's a conspiracy. I'm almost mad enough by now to send an angry email or start a petition requesting that they quit playing songs by Wham or George Michael.

I know that you feel blessed to hear me complain about them and to also actually get to see a picture. We're multimedia here at the craigman's blog.

-----

Got a phone call from the manager of the local chamber of commerce. Apparently everybody else in town has turned her down, but she requested the Craigman to be the MC (that means Master of Ceremony-tee hee) at the Chamber Banquet on Feb. 23.

This will be the second straight year they have been this desperate. I figured I burned my bridges last year by being late. I thought the event started at 7 p.m. when it actually started at 6:30 p.m.

I was only like 10 minutes late. They were waiting for me out front, pacing. I was not amused. I promised to be on time this year.

In an effort to improve attendance, the chamber is trying a new technique, inviting the same speakers we had last year. Hmm. They are, of course, both politicians. Kenneth Corn and Neal Brannon.

I'm trying to remember how entertaining they were last year and...stop it! I will not go there.

To get more information or buy tickets, call (918) 653-4303. I promise not to let out any bodily function noises over the speaker.

-----

We watched the Starsky and Hutch movie last night. We actually watched it in the theater but didn't think it was all that great. I revise my opinion after a second viewing. There are some excellent moments in the movie, especially the part where Starsky mixes coke into his coffee.

Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson are the stars. They are two of the funnier actors in the movies, since I still haven't gotten my break.

-----

Several people are asking if I will continue on the local school board. Over the years, I have learned many things. The ability to say "no" at times is one of the best.

I have served my time. It's time for a break and somebody else to step in. So no, I won't serve or run.

-----

A quick update on the weight situation. I lost that half pound again that keeps going back and forth and got off the hamburger diet, which probably helped. Down to 215. Still 35 pounds to go, by gosh!

I must go. Have a good day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pregnancy is one of the most important phases of a woman's life and unfortunately sometimes in this phase a woman gets caught in the web of depression. Though depression during pregnancy is not uncommon, it can be dangerous for both the mother and the unborn baby. http://www.xanax-effects.com/

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home