Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Tis a Tuesday

Top news items from the world of Craig this morning.

1. Still feel like crap. This cold/flu or whatever the heck it is won’t go away. I’ve hacked enough cough-causing phlegm to solve the drought-like conditions we are undergoing. Also, I imagine stock in Kleenex is up a lot as we will have to restock our supply. Several people have asked me how I am feeling. Naturally, I appreciate this. One co-worker asked and I replied, “about the same. Are you asking that because you care or because it’s the appropriate thing to say?”

2. Winter is back. After the warm temperatures we have had over the last few weeks, it has turned cold again. Temperature is in the mid-30s, which isn’t bad. But the wind is blowing like crazy, making it seem a lot colder. We did get a little rain yesterday, but not nearly enough.

3. Back to work I am! After my 3 ½ day respite thanks to feeling like crap Friday and the three-day weekend (thanks to MLK), I am back at the desk with a pile of stuff high enough on the aforementioned desk that could be considered close to mountain stages.

After getting the bonus time off, I’m sure we will pay for it today.

Yesterday, the wife and I went to Fort Smith to goof off. I was getting a little hungry so the first stop was the Golden Corral. Being a male and not all that sensitive, I thought this was a good deal.

The wife is still fasting and I was feasting! Our church is having a 21-day fast that runs until next week. I was bad and only lasted half a day.

For those of you who might not know this, the Golden Corral is a buffet with all you can throw. So I started off with some salad and fruit. After the appetizer, it was time to get down to business. The next stop resulted in some chicken, a hamburger, fries, etc.

The wife didn’t appreciate my choice of meal, or the fact that I had a plate stacked roughly two inches high in food. All she ate was some salad, fruit and a baked potato that apparently wasn’t all that tasty.

She made it clear that my choice of eating location and food wasn’t all that nice. She prefers the nicer places like Chili’s, Applebee’s and The Olive Garden. I like them, but the old Corral made up for its lack of quality by quantity.

I did skip dessert! That’s just the kind of thoughtful person I am. I did this because it wouldn’t be fair to her, plus after mutilating my other food (along with two fresh rolls!), I didn’t have any room in the old tummy.

She should have been happy. I watched some of the other people stack their plates a good four inches high. They must have good balance to keep that much food on a plate without spilling.

After the meal, we visited Sam’s Club. It was supposedly only to pick up a couple of things. Naturally, that number multiplied after we got in. I got to hear a play-by-play discussion about her shopping choices.

Naturally, I grunted every day and then while wishing we could get the heck out of there. They didn’t even have any good samples! Normally that would have really hacked me off, but I was still stuffed.

We hit Books a Million after that and killed some time before heading home.

The thought struck me yesterday that the word “why” is the most popular one in the English language for women, especially married women. If I had a dollar for every time I’ve heard that word by members of the female species, you would not find my posterior located at work.

That is enough for now. Have a good day.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I can call you on that one, kid, the old why question. Trust me, children for some odd reason from seven and younger, work that little word to death. Also, I have the distinct feeling you'd like a dollar for every moment your posterior wouldn't be at work. That's rough, but here's looking at you, kid.

9:36 PM  
Blogger Craig Hall said...

You are correct. I would like to be paid a dollar for every moment I'm not at work. If that was the case, I would get paid $1,440 a day and $525,600 a year. I could live on that very comfortably as all minutes would not be work if that was my pay scale.

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just knew that A in Statistics would pay off in some way, shape, or fashion. Thanks in advance for the bonus blog which we the few, the loyal live for. Actually, I'd like that job, too. Think many of them are around to share the wealth?

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home