Friday, January 13, 2006

My Friday the 13th

I didn't realize it until hearing it on the news today, but today is Friday the 13th. I usually do not pay any attention to things like this, but thought it would be a good headline for the blog.

Okay, this just isn't right. We're getting a three-day weekend. Yea! So I wake up this morning and feel like dookie. The flu has been going around and I think the bug has found its way into my system.

I am seldom sick, luckily, and don't like feeling bad. Duh. So what's the dadgum deal getting sick with a three-day weekend on the horizon?

That should be against the law. Both my parents have it, along with some of my co-workers. Somebody passed it to me!

The throat is sore, I have a headache, my head is messed up and also have the stomach ailment that usually goes along with being sick.

Speaking of that particular stomach problem, I read somewhere the other day that diarrhea is one of the leading killers in the third-world countries.

I personally don't know if there is a good way to die. Crapping yourself to death would certainly be one of the worst.

Last night, we had a pretty good storm move through about 9. Heavy wind, some much needed rain and lightning. I got lucky and captured some of the lightning. Here's one of the pictures. I took about 20 pictures before the rain got too heavy and the hail came. I just got lucky on that one.

The wind was really blowing hard when I took the picture so it isn't as sharp as I would like, but still got lucky with the timing to capture it.

We are in the midst of the worst droughts I can remember for this time of the year. There have been fires all over, but luckily not as bad as they have had in other parts of the state and Texas. We had a little rain earlier in the week and a good burst for about 30 minutes last night, but with the heavy wind, I doubt the fire danger is any worse.

Usually during this time of the year, our yard is sloshy but the ground is hard as a rock. The ponds, lakes and rivers are lower than they usually are in the summer. I went down to a local dam the other day to take some pictures. I have never been there before when the water wasn't up to the dam.

Now, it's some eight feet low. I guess we're being penalized for allowing the lottery to come into our state, a move I never supported. It's supposed to help the schools, but that's a rook.

Anytime you go in a convenience store now, you usually have to spend several minutes to complete the transaction thanks to people (who usually look like they could be spending the money on something better) buying those silly cards and scratching them off.

I hope everybody has a good day and weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home