Tuesday, January 03, 2006

1-3-06

My first work date for 2006! Yooboy! I can hardly contain my excitement. But first, a word from our sponsor:

Oh yeah, I forgot, I don't have a sponsor. Never mind.

I added the second picture of the 2006 Photo Project last night. Here's the link. The photo gallery is here.

I'll try to post the link here daily so you can check it out. As I mentioned yesterday, I want to take and post a picture daily throughout 2006. So far, I'm 2-2. El perfecto. Which is much better than I have done on my college bowl picks. I'm 14-12 and floundering. At least I'm guaranteed a .500 record.

How bad have I done? Well, my wife is beating me! Egad! The embarrassment. I believe she has the same last two games as I do, also, so no chance of catching her. That means she wins the annual Hall Family Contest and gets to pick her choice of a night out.

Can you say chick flick? I can, and dread it already.

As mentioned yesterday, the fast that our church is going on didn't go over all that well with the Craigman. I made it half a day yesterday before breaking down. I did exercise again yesterday (also 2-2 this year) and lost 2 1/2 pounds. I can feel the lard breaking down as I write this, if that is possible.

I'm shooting for 26.5 pounds to lose. The wife has lost almost 30 in the last couple of months. She has better eating control than I do.

Didn't see the New Year in the other night. Made it to 11:45 and said the heck with it. Being as that is at least an hour and a half later than usual, thought that was pretty good. Decided since the last few years haven't been all that great and I did stay up until after midnight, I wound change my luck.

We're having our 25th class reunion this summer. Crap, I'm getting old. I'll be 43 in April. I have not had the urge to wear dark socks with shorts yet, so I'm still not technically old. I have given several people permission to shoot to kill if they ever catch me out wearing multi-colored shorts with dark socks. All I ask is it not be painless.

Still have two puppies but I'm afraid one of them is going bye-bye on Friday. A guy and his family came to look at them the other day and promised to be back this week. It will probably be for the best, but I'll still miss them. We really don't need six dogs, a cat and a hamster.

I took a picture of one of our dogs the other day that I was rather proud of. Here's the link. This is Gabby, a half Rottweiler and half Akita. She's a beautiful dog and has a rather amazing story that I'll share with you.

We got Gabby as a puppy. I told everybody that she would grow up to be a large dog, but nobody trusted my opinion. They just thought she was cute and we needed a puppy. Naturally, she grew fast and before long was fighting with our Dachshound, Oscar.

We didn't have place to put her so we gave her away. The next morning, she was back and we decided to keep her. I built her a fence and everything was good. Then that following spring, two puppies found their way to our house. We gave one away, but could never give the other away and decided to keep him.

His name was Butch. Excellent dog but scared the visitors and drove my brother crazy trying to catch his ducks. We wound up putting Butch in the pen with Gabby. Butch didn't like being in the pen and spent all his time breaking out, usually taking Gabby with him.

In June, they killed one of my brother's ducks. Naturally, he was a little hacked. So we gave Gabby and Butch away. They were almost 25 ways away. I missed them, but figured it was better since neither one of them liked to be penned up.

Two months later, I heard our dogs going crazy and looked outside and saw Gabby. She had returned home for the second time, this time travelling the 25 miles in the dead of summer. Gabby was a little thin, but appeared fairly healthy.

I had tore down her fence and decided to let her go free for a while. She has been fairly well behaved and doesn't mind having guests. Gabby does bring home deer skins to show off and has killed one rabbit, but has been on fairly good behavior.

After coming home twice, there's no way I'll give her away again. She is now my constant companion during my daily walks around the property. We'll go up to our pond and sit and enjoy the quiet.

That's her story and enough for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home