Friday, December 30, 2005

My last 2005 workday blog

Okay, here it is: the final workday blog for 2005.

Hurrah!

Less than five hours until I'm through working for this year. Another hurrah. As I look back on the year that soon will be, as if that makes sense, there was good...and bad.

The good first, of course. I am still alive and kicking! I have learned many new things this year, including how to do web pages, along with starting up Heavener Online, a web page that has caught on with a lot of former grads and people of Heavener. I have a bunch of new friends and wrote two books online, and also got better as a photographer. Plus, all my family is still also alive and kicking.

Now, the bad. I didn't do some of the things I want to do this year, which seems to be a trend. I am basically in the same position as I was last year, same job, etc. Also, didn't lose weight or take care of the old Craigman body like I should. Now, I'm having to take medication for my blood sugar and blood pressure. Also lost my dog, Harley, in September. That one hurt.

I have some resolutions that will be featured on Jan. 1. I'm still working on figuring them out. I need to make them ones that can be accomplished, not just pipe dreams.

I do hope that Heavener Online continues to grow and more people get hooked on it. The web site has hit a nerve with a lot of people. I can't put in as much time as I would like, but it is fun to work on.

In other fronts: my college bowl picks are stinking. Now 8-5 after losing both games lost night. Chose Georgia Tech and Oregon to win. Utah embarrassed Georgia Tech while Oklahoma upset an Oregon team that had only lost to USC.

My reign as bowl picking champion is coming to an end. Oh well, I believe it is good to share the wealth, although this year is just for fun.

I watched a little of the first game yesterday and caught all of the OU game, even though it didn't end until around 11 p.m. Yes, that is way past my bedtime. I figured OU was going to lose until the interception at the end. All I could think of was that it was going to be a repeat of the Texas Tech game. Some of the calls by the officials resembled that game.

Enough for now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm finding it as difficult as you to be shocked by the lack of giant corporate sponsors to promote your unselfish sharing with friends and other of your innermost feelings and thoughts. I think there is no justice in the world and quite possibly not a Santa Claus. There is definitely a complicated web of treachery here. I volunteer as one intrepid reporter to find who is perpetrating this audacious skulduggery. It's outrageous. You certainly have the touch, if not that of Midas, definitely the touch!

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home