Friday, December 23, 2005

The eve of Christmas Eve

Ugh. Had a scary thought this morning. Our visitors are from California. Just having somebody from California is a concern, but then I remembered the time factor. They are two hours behind us!

That means they'll want to stay up even later! Not good! Then, I fear the jet lag factor. Crappola. The wife informed me yesterday that she was going shopping with her aunt this evening and I could show her uncle the sights.

Sights? In Heavener? That'll take about five minutes. He'll probably be amazed though, coming from a big city. I'll make a quick run out to Cedar Lake and then circle back through Hontubby to show him the shacks on the side of the hill.

I figure they'll want to play some silly board game. I don't really like playing board games, mainly because I suck at them and don't like to lose to anybody, especially my wife, who should be on the pro board game circuit. I did kick her tail in Yahtzee the other night. But I was a good winner.

After I ran around the house and told everybody, I taunted her for several minutes until she started crying. Just kidding. I didn't act that way. I was just glad the game was over and I could go to bed.

My parents came over last night for a while to do our Christmas. It was good. It got better later as everybody split for Wal-Mart at 8:45 p.m.!!!!

I had the house to myself until I was asleep. Didn't do anything other than read, but it was still nice to actually have a quiet house.

Another puppy went bye bye yesterday. Now down to two girls. I'd hate to be a dog, especially a mother dog. I'm sure Daisy starts looking around and wonders where the chuppy male is? He was just here earlier, now he's gone. Four of them have disappeared in that fashion.

Must be hard on her, but she has yet to complain. One of the remaining girls goes up and down the steps like she's a champion. It's the little one that we named Bailey. The one the boys named Gracie will climb up the steps, but isn't much on going down.

I'm playing Santa Claus in a little over an hour. I tend to do this every year. Sometime between actually doing it and agreeing to be Santa, I forget how uncomfortable the suit is, along with the fake beard.

I'll probably sweat off five pounds. Maybe that will keep the customers away this afternoon. We're doing a Dirty Santa deal today at lunch. We'll eat some bbq from KP's and then do the gift thing.

It's sad to admit this, but I don't have a clue what I'm giving away. Anyway, have a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home