Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Back to work I go...

Ugh. After a glorious three-day weekend, I must return to work today. Ugh, again.

We had a good time for the most part. On Sunday, went to the mother-in-law's house for lunch. The weather cleared up enough that we were able to have an excellent football game in the backyard. Just me and the young ones.

Sometimes my studliness even amazes me. Other times, I realize the days of studliness have sadly passed (if they ever existed). I can still bring the old gun out of retirement and zipped a few passes through the air. Didn't always know where they were going, but that just added to the excitement.

Got drug to the store yesterday morning. I'd heard about all these excellent bargains so joined the wife on a trip to Wally World. I oughta sue the weenies. The only things that were on sale were crap like lotions, perfumes, Christmas wrappings and all that. No games, electronics or anything that might be considered halfway useful.

The wife stocked up on Christmas stuff. She was almost giddy about the money that we saved. Technically, I don't consider this a saving until we actually have to spend the money, which in my thinking wouldn't have been until next December. Yep, just when I thought we were getting a break from Christmas spending, it comes back.

The weather was rather nice for Dec. 26 in the Heavtown. Got outside with the camera for a while and roamed, one of my favorite activities. Read a little and then took off on another exciting adventure. We went back to my mother-in-law's!

Talk about exciting. We were going to take the aunt and uncle back to the airport and then go watch The Family Stone. Due to my excellent driving, we got to the airport early and decided to check out the theater. We were going to watch the 5:30 showing, but were fortunate enough to get in at the 4:10 showing.

Actually, it was supposed to be the 4:10 showing. The pre-movie crap didn't start until 4:25. I was appalled! Actually, just a little hacked. Then we got to watch about 20 minutes of ads and previews.

It bothers me every time that I go to the theater and have to watch ads for crap like Coke, cell phones and Bod. Speaking of Bod, I don't remember giving them permission to film me for their ads and certainly didn't receive any income.

Surely the theaters receive some sort of kickback for forcing us to watch ads when we paid money to see a movie. Why doesn't they reduce the ticket price? It's a scam!

Because of my outrage, I am going to boycott movies for the rest of the week! That will teach them. I urge you to do the same. Don't go watch Narnia, King Kong (who doesn't have a dong), Fun with Dick and Jane or any of the other shows!

We must fight back! Actually, I wasn't going to watch any movies for the rest of the week, but it sounded better as a form of protest instead of my sitting at home on my shapely rear (no oxymoron there!) watching college football bowl games.

Forgot to add that I finished up Band of Brothers. Most excellent if I do say so myself, which I did. Actually, I wrote it instead of saying it. But still an excellent series.

I must leave you now.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely fight back - hit them where it hurts - shun movies for a week. That'll show them. Take that - kapow!

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I think you're skeptical of people who actually respond to your blog. This is a rare form of admiration. Therefore, why is it challenging to repeat all those little letters in the box - do you sense bloggers that might fail the old sobriety test?

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope appears, glimmering in the distance. I raced rather too quickly through Chapters 29 and 30 being possessed of a greedy disposition and find now I must revisit in order to fully enjoy Chapter 31. The first sentence swept me off my feet - the heroic duo snoring, or whatever.

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home