Saturday, December 24, 2005

The Official Christmas Eve Blog

And a Happy Christmas Eve to everybody.

I must make an admission to start off this blog. I am a big enough man (yes, some would say too large) to admit when wrong.

I have been dreading having company spend the night for the last few days and expressed those opinions on this blog. Okay. No need to dread. They were well behaved and we had a good time.

Here's the scoop: They got here yesterday morning, but of course their luggage was still in Houston. They had to wait from 9 yesterday morning until 1:45 yesterday afternoon to get their luggage.

And didn't even get a Happy Meal as a gesture of whoever they flew on as an apology. They were at the household when I got home. They are from California, so that is reason enough to be a little worried. I had met her before and she was okay. Their two sons were also okay. And yes, the uncle was a good guy

Felt a little sorry for them. They had to leave last night at around midnight (PCT) so they had not slept much. We went out to eat at the Southern Belle. Got there early, around 5:30 or so, but the catfishers had already flocked the joint and we had to wait to be seated.

Food was good. I refuse to eat bottom dwellers and went for the charbroiled burger. Good, as always, but not as good as the world famous Craig burgers.

After we ate, the women went to Wally World. We drove around and showed him Heavener. After the five minute tour, we came home and luckily found a football game to watch. There was an exciting duel to see who could fall asleep first.

Sheri's uncle won, but kept waking back up. We hung out and watched football! I got to go to bed when I was tired so I never even got grump. Only got in trouble once. I thought they had gone to bed, so that was when I made like Flash and zipped into the bedroom. Apparently they came back in to tell me good night and there was no Craigman!

The wife expressed her disappointment in that, but overall, everything went really good.

I woke up at like 5:30 this morning. Ugh. Maybe tomorrow or the next day I will actually get some decent sleep.

We'll be opening the presents here in a little while. So I'll report back later on how I fared. Just hope there weren't any clothes.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why would someone get you clothes for Christmas.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Craig Hall said...

I have no idea. Hopefully it won't happen.

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just have this sense, maybe it's the 6th sense, but I bet you got clothes.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Craig Hall said...

You were right. I did get clothes. I didn't buy my wife any, though.

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home