Sunday, January 29, 2006

A goodbye blog


For the first time since October, this day finds the Hall household without puppies.

We had sold the other four puppies but were having trouble finding Bailey and Gracie a home. So just when we decided to keep them, a lady called Friday wanting a puppy. She chose Bailey (my favorite) and took her home.

Yesterday, the same person called and said she wanted to get a puppy for her father. So she came and got Gracie. We are now officially back to four dogs. Since Daisy is probably pregnant again since Buddy and her have been having premarital intercourse, we will probably have puppies again in a couple of months so this is good.

But I still miss the little ones. We watched them from the moment they were born until they left. At least it looks like they all had good homes.

------

I am forming a new web site. It won't be up and running for a couple of days but I wanted a site where I could put a bunch of different stuff together. I'll eventually have a copy of this blog on that site along with my books and a lot of other stuff.

The link will be: http://halltheway.com Again, it won't be up and running for a few days but I will gradually add a bunch of stuff to it such as the photo of the day and some different blogs that I have been writing.


------

I finished writing my latest book on Friday. It was a prequel to The Old Man's Request called When Squiggy Met Mule. This was the second book I have written this year from start to finish and I also posted a book that I finished up last year called One for the Ages.

When Squiggy Met Mule has not been advertised a lot since it is silly and basically has no story. It's just a tale of how they met and the dumb stuff they do that leads up to when Squiggy runs into Mikey at the start of The Old Man's Request. The newest book is online, but I am keeping it secret since it might offend some people.

If you want the link and promise not to be offended by silly stuff, send me an email and I will forward the link. Once I have the new site up and running, the full book will be available along with the other books also. I am also going to put the books on PDF (thanks to my good bud RJP) and sell them. If there is enough interest, I will print some out but I don't want to take another hickey like I did on the Heavener Alumni tee-shirts that I printed out after people expressed an interest and then didn't buy.

-----

The picture you see above is a black and white (duh!) of the waterfall at the Runestone State Park. I braved the rainy weather yesterday to go to the park and was pleased to discover the waterfall was back in action.

It has been so dry over the last few months that the waterfall has been a waterdrip. It was going full bore yesterday. If you want to see a larger image, click here. Also, if you want to see what it looks like in color, click here.

-----

I broke down yesterday and bought an external hard drive with 160 gb of memory to hold my pictures. Since there are so many images on my computer, I am constantly fighting problems with memory and have stored a lot of them on discs, which I don't like doing.

This should solve my memory problems for the computer for a long time. Now if I can just figure out how to solve my memory problems in my head, I will be much better off.

-----

As an early Valentine's gift, my kind and loving wife got me the dvd of Seinfield for the first two seasons. I had never seen any of these before so it's like a brand new deal. Even got to see the pilot, which was fairly weak.

After seeing how bad the pilot was, I am surprised it eventually became a series. But since it was like the only show I watched on television for years, I am glad it did.

I watched the first season yesterday and some of the second. Not having to sit through commercials is a good bonus.

------

I must wrap this up for now. Thanks for reading.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about Bailey and Gracie but as you said, new ones on the way. Great about the external drive. I hear you about the hickey on the t-shirts but really would have loved When Squiggy Met Mule and The Old Man's Request bound. But, life is hard. May many readers request. Outstanding picture of the Runestone waterfall, particularly in color for this reader. It's another Craig Hall must have.

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home