Sunday, February 05, 2006

2-4-06

It’s Saturday! Can you feel it?

What is it? What else could it be? Spelling bee excitement, by gosh!

The countdown has started. Only 2 hours and some change until the spelling bee starts!

Man, I haven’t had so many butterflies in my stomach since the last time I had diarrhea.

After picking up the daughter last night, I consulted her about the proper etiquette for a person during an exciting spelling bee."Can I holler?” I asked.

She shook her head.

"What about clapping real loud, like I do when I’m at a football game and a team scores.”

She is getting a little apprehensive now, the way 12-year old girls do when they think their father is a complete idiot. She shakes her head again. Whatever indication that a smile once graced her face is gone.

“Okay,” I continue, even though she is clearly giving signs that this is not something she wants to continue. “How about if some kid misspells a word, can I taunt him?”

The look on her face is one of sheer horror. I can’t read minds, unlike my wife, but the look on her face tells me that she wishes her weekend with good old dad had fallen on one where she didn't have a spelling bee.

"No, you can’t do that!” she stresses. “You can clap but that’s it.”

After I let that conversation settle down, we start talking about the basketball game that comes after the spelling bee. She’s only a seventh grader playing on the ninth-grade team and probably won’t remove her bootie from the bench.

The ninth-grade team apparently reeks rather badly as they have not won a game. Wow! The excitement continues!

"If you don’t get to play, can I start a chant saying your name?” I ask.

If she had smelled the most horrific smell ever known to man, I don’t think it could affect her face to this distorted level.

“No!”

Oh.

------

Rufus has apparently decided that I am the man. At least when it comes time to take the little fellow out to use the bathroom early in the morning.

That’s how I got up this morning. By a little boxer dog licking my chin. Luckily both nipples were covered up and were not available for his attack.

This dog has the strangest sleeping habits of one I have ever seen. Just sleep all through the night, will you!

The wife took Rufus to the vet yesterday. Found out the prior owners did not cut his stub tail back far enough and he won’t ever have hair on the end of his tail. What the (semi-sorta angry word!).

We were gypped. We got rid of two perfectly fine puppies that actually knew how to sleep throughout the night and didn’t whine and cry all the time for a puppy that has a deformed tail?

By gosh, I want answers!

-------

I would, of course, like to carry on this enthralling blog, but alas, I can’t. It’s time to get ready for spelling bee excitement! All of Saturday morning, and then maybe some more if I’m lucky!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home