Tuesday, February 07, 2006

2-7-06

Yesterday started off to be a good day, despite the Mondayness of it.

I felt good and got a lot done in my pre-work work session here at the Hall house. As I started to work, things started going downhill rapidly.

First off, I started down the driveway and heard a thump. I wondered what the heck I had ran over. When I looked back in the mirror, I saw that it was our cat, Rocky. Sometime that morning he had climbed up in the truck and either fallen out or jumped right in the way of the tire.

It was nasty. We had Rocky four or five years. He was an outside cat and since our dog Gabby didn’t have a high opinion of cats, had to hide out most of the time.

I buried Rocky and tried to wash some of the blood off the driveway, but it wouldn’t go away so it’s there to remind me that I killed our cat.

At one time, we had four cats but Rocky was the last one.

No, we don’t need others so don’t ask or dump kittens at our house.

Then I get to work a little late and find out we are having major equipment problems that will mess everything up for the whole day.

Slowly, the day got a little better. After I got off work, things got even better.

------

Every time that I have driven the bypass in Poteau lately, I see signs on both signs of the road warning us drivers that (gasp!) there’s a damaged guard rail up ahead!

Yes, there is! Not only is it damaged, but it’s pretty much mangled. Boy, I’m sure glad somebody was kind enough to warn me about the guard rail. I’ll be sure and avoid that one if I feel like driving my vehicle off the road into a guard rail.

A fine use of our taxpayer money, I dare say!

-----

In the continuing struggle to dominate the house, I am gradually losing control to our puppy, Rufus.

He now has control of my sleep and the bed. Rufus has to potty more than any dog I’ve every been around. He makes a deposit every time we put him outside. Now I haven’t actually counted the number of times he poo poos in a day, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he hasn’t posted the magical 10 number a time or two.

The wife must be feeding the little fellow some magic fiber or something. He is a pretty dog, but awful ornery. He tends to like to bite, as I have mentioned previously, but instead of my nipples (since I keep them covered when I am around him), he has turned his attention to fingers and toes.

Here, Rufus, I go, give this chewstick a try! He tilts his puppy head at the angle so many people think is cute. Actually, he is trying to figure out a human can be so dumb. Then he says, “Naw, I’d rather gnaw on your extremities and see if I can draw blood!”

Oh Rufus! Such a card, he is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home