Sunday, February 12, 2006

2-12-06

Over the years, I have gotten rather skeptical.No, this isn’t just since I have been married. That actually has not changed the way I feel about things.

It bothers me when people say “Trust me!” It makes me wonder if and why I should.

Or if somebody says something along the lines of “I’m not lying!” after saying something, it makes me wonder why they need to add that if they aren’t fibbing.

That also goes along with the old “I’m telling the truth!” or “that’s the truth!”

I kind of feel like if you are telling somebody the truth, you don’t need to add the extra stuff to try and emphasize that yes, it sounds doubtful that anybody would believe it, but it is true.

--------

Over the last year or so, I have determined a new way of determining whether I like a movie or not.

It is based on how long it will keep me awake. If a movie can keep me awake for the entire two hours or whatever, generally it must either be interesting or rather loud with lots of explosions.

The quicker I nod off on the couch, the worse the movie is. Sometimes, this isn’t actually the case. I fell asleep about halfway through Alexander and thought that was actually a good movie.

Last night, we watched a movie called Elizabethtown. I actually stayed awake for the entire movie, but this was based partly on my taking a nap yesterday afternoon. Plus the dog kept playing with his squeaky toys and biting my toe.

The movie did get boring for a long portion before rebounding at the end when the chick sends the guy on a road trip that for me was the highlight of the whole movie. He even visits the Survivor Tree at the OKC Memorial.

The rest of the time I couldn’t decide what the purpose of the movie was, which seems to happen a lot now.

-------

The weather has turned back to cold. It was cold and windy yesterday, just cold today. I just went outside to take care of the dogs and about froze my tush off.

We have nothing planned today other than church so I’m sure something will come up. Until later, I bid you farewell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home