Saturday, February 11, 2006

2-11-06

Normally, I am not a party kind of guy.Usually, I find these very boring and just want to go home. I’m talking group deals or at people’s houses. Not the go out and drink until you yack. I don’t do that.

So I didn’t really know what to expect last night we went to a Valentine’s Day party at our church. But like the good camper I am, off I went, although I didn’t dress up in 50s motif.

Had some BBQ sandwiches from Jerry Neel’s in Fort Smith. Smoking, they were. Just so happened to be the second one I had yesterday so I guess I was on a BBQ sandwich diet yesterday.

We had several contests and games. I hid and was not called for the first couple before getting nabbed. I was part of four guys doing this deal where we had to put panty hose on our heads and our wives were blindfolded and had to recognize us by feeling of our heads.

I said that wearing the panty hose made me want to rob something. Our pastor said “and that’s a banker”. Somebody else piped in about better make sure you steal over $125,000 for some reason.

I wanted to fire back that if I was ever going to steal something, it would be a heck of a lot more than that figure, not that I would ever steal anything.

Anyway, we survived that contest. Later on, we were all put in groups of four or six and were supposed to perform a commercial.

Everybody was drawing a blank before the Craigman came up with a great idea. We’d do the Enzyte commercial! You know, the one about how Bob’s got that dorky smile and has an extra boost of confidence lately since he’s started taking the magic pill.

One of the guys in our group agreed to be Bob and had that dorky smile down pat. I would do the voice over. It was all set when one of the women said we better ask the pastor.

“He won’t care!” I said.

The movement swept. It was almost unanimous about getting this fine presentation approved by our pastor. So I went to clear the idea with him. It took him a minute to realize what I was talking about and then he got a look of horror on his face.

“Better not,” he said.

Back to the dang drawing board. We decided to do that silly commercial about the guy who says he has a nice house, fancy car, belongs to the country club and does that because he’s up to his neck in debt.

But I did have to throw a little spin in. I had the guy get up on stage and said, “Hi, I’m Bob” and he let loose the little grin and wave.

Everybody started groaning expecting it was going to be the Enzyte guy. The pastor almost looked like he was going to have a stroke. But then I let loose with the script.

It was a good party.

-------
Rufus is doing better, although he almost made me have a heart attack last night. He decided it was time to go outside about 2 in the morning and that I should be the one who got the honor of taking him out.Everything was fine and dandy. He went outside and did his deed. As we were walking back into the house, I stepped on one of his squeaky toys. They are called squeaky toys for a reason. If my bladder had not been recently emptied, it could have been bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home