Saturday, February 18, 2006

2-18-06

I am not a meteorologist. No, really. I have no formal training, just a lot of experience and I did watch Don Woods while growing up and do tune in to the Weather Channel at times.

But based on my experience, I predict that we will have bad weather this weekend featuring cold weather, ice, snow, sleet, freezing rain, etc.

I’m sure you’re amazed, eh? How can I predict this? Easy, I looked outside this morning. The clouds are gray, there is snow and ice on the ground and something is coming down.

This figures since this is a three-day weekend to have bad weather. But hey, I don’t care. Just as long as we don’t lose our electricity or (egads!) the cable, I’ll be fine.

I have already braved the bad weather this morning to take care of the pets (another way to predict the weather!).

Rufus got his first experience with snow and ice. He didn’t seem to mind all that much as the little fellow promptly did his business and was ready to get back inside. Rufus did smell the ice and snow, but wasn’t impressed.

------

I think a lot of businesses miss the boat with their tags. Take the one on the coffee cup that I am currently drinking out of. It says: “A full service firm”.

Boring. It is for a financial service company, but that doesn’t excite me. Now if it said something along the lines of “We kick butt and take names!” that would make me want to do business with them.

I do appreciate the free coffee cup, however. One of the local banks advertises that it is “the oldest bank in the county!” Does that make me want to bank there? No, especially since I work at another bank.

I guess since this is supposed to make the customers feel like the bank should be more trustworthy. If I was an unknowing person (which I am not, of course), it would worry me that the bank had a bunch of 90-year old tellers who moved at the speed of one of those big turtles you see at the zoo.

That’s boring. Give me something better. Excite me! Tell me how this will entertain me or make me a better person by doing business with you.

Wal-Mart goes with “Everyday low prices!” and that silly smiling face in the circle. I do like the fact that they have low prices but I don’t believe Wal-Mart went far enough in the slogan.

It should say something along the lines of “Our prices are lower than the local stores so we can put them out of business and force the people to work at poverty level!”

Actually, that wouldn’t make me want to shop there. But it would be truthful, unless the worker was the head cheese of Wal-Mart who makes $5.4 million a year.

Dude, spread the wealth around. Most of your associates (tee hee) can’t even pay their bills. If I worked for Wal-Mart, which I don’t, I wouldn’t want to be considered an associate if I had to eat Spam or bread sandwiches for every meal just to get by.

-----

Boy, that kind of went out of control, didn’t it? Actually, I have nothing against Wal-Mart, other than it is a money magnet. It’s probably the worse one although the Bath and Body shop in the mall tends to siphon moolah out of the old checking account.

Enough for today. Stay warm and dry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home