Saturday, August 20, 2005

8-20-05


Yes! Football is in the air. This means fall, my favorite time of the year will be here soon. Finally, we get a break from the temperatures in the triple digits and the sweat.

This picture was taken at Heavener's scrimmage at Poteau Thursday. Drew Cheshier is the running back for the Wolves. Heavener had a rough go, but it was only a scrimmage.

Today is Saturday. There is supposed to be a cool front coming in, but I'll believe it when I see it.

If you want to see the latest local weather, check out this site. It's a link to The Weather Channel on the Heavener Online site.

Yesterday, I did my civic duty and donated blood. The previous times I had given blood, they just drained it and that was that.

This time, they hooked me up to some machine and drained the blood, but then separated out the red blood cells and gave me back my blood along with some saline to keep me hydrated.

For some people, it bothers them to do this. Others, apparently like it. The process didn't bother me until last evening. The blood dude said to avoid strenuous work, but I thought he meant for a few hours.

So yesterday evening, we went up to mow my mom's yard. The temperature was right at 100 with a high humidity. I about knuckled under twice. Had to hit the old AC for a bit or I felt like a collapse was in order.

Yes, I did survive, as you can tell my reading this. Today, it is yard day at the old Hall house. Thanks to the rains, our yard is all green and nice. I like this, just not the mowing when it is this hot.

In fact, that's what I'm fixing to do! Wow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home