Friday, August 19, 2005

8-19-05


Ahoy mateys, it's Friday morning!

Only one work day left before we can sail away on the weekend.

Alas, if only I wasn't tired. The old week has weighed heavily on the Craigman. But please, no sympathy! I shall survive.

I'm a lot better than the bumblebee in the picture on the right. I was up at our pond feeding the duck yesterday and saw what looked like a bumblebee hanging from a leaf.

That's because it was a bumblebee hanging from a leaf. Being the inquisitive sort I am, I investigated. As I got closer, I saw the little green spider had bagged it a bee.

And I didn't even know little green spiders killed bumblebees. Learn something new every day, I guess. I posted this at webaperture and only had three comments.

Bummer. I thought this would bag many a response. The day before, I posted a picture of a hummingbird sitting on a stand shaped like a hummingbird. It's gotten 16 comments, a lot for me. There are some people on the site who could get 30 comments if they posted a picture of dog feces.

They have been doing it for a while and usually post excellent pictures. A lot of them take the time to post comments on other people's pictures, which I don't spend nearly enough time doing.

My compadre will be gone today, a little matter about his wife having a child. This will give him a hat trick, three kids, all girls. Not a lawn mower in the batch.

He'll also be off next week so it will be rather hectic at the old branch.


Went and watched the Wolfies scrimmage at Poteau yesterday evening.

I only got the chance to take football pictures once last year, in the playoff game against Beggs so I'm not up to snuff in this department yet.

I was fairly pleased with the pictures. It was a scrimmage so things were a little out of whack, but I got about sixteen fairly good pictures.

You may see them on my smugmug site, if you choose to take a look.

Poteau was pretty much in control of the scrimmage. The Wolfies are young in a lot of places and showed it. But Heavener will probably not face a better team this year so it should be a good learning experience.

Heavener moved the ball well on the ground at times, but struggled in stopping Poteau's shotgun offense.

Thanks for your visit. I shall return!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home