Thursday, August 18, 2005

8-18-05

After a lot of consideration, I have decided life is a whole lot like golf.

I did give this about ten minutes worth of thought. When you're having the day I've had, that's a lot.

After all, there are good days, just like you have on the golf course. Then again, you have bad days in life, and on the golf course. With my golf game, most of the days are bad.

Actually, they aren't that bad. Especially if I get off work to go golf. Anytime you miss work to golf is a good day, even if your golf game is el stinko.

At one time, I was actually a decent golfer. Then I got frustrated and quit playing. Now, I hit the ball better when I play just a few times a year than I did when I played almost every day.

That's because I don't worry about doing this or that, I just hit the dang thing.

But anyway, I digress.

In golf, you make mistakes, as in life. I know this is hard for you to believe, but the Craigman has actually hit a few balls in the water and out of bounds! No, really! In life, I have also hit a few in the water and out of bounds.

Sometimes, I hit the ball straight. Most of the time there is a big hook or fade, just like my life. I have gone astray at times, but not many since I took the plunge a few years ago.

I actually make good decisions in golf at time. Faced with a shot over water, I will be conservative and make the right decision. There have even been a few times in my life I made the right decision. Sometimes they are just a little hard to recall.

There have been a few times when I read a putt wrong. In life, I have misread more than a few things.

Really.

Golf can be fun or it can be a disaster. So can life.

What would be cool is if in life you could have mulligans. In golf, if you really dog one off the first tee, your playing partners will let you have a do-over, or "mulligan". You can also purchase mulligans in some tournaments.

Hit a real stinker, hey, do it again! The next one will probably be just as bad but at least you get two shots at it.

There have been a lot of times in life when I wish there was a mulligan available.

I'm sure there are times when I'd mess the mulligan up, but I think my life mulligans would be a better pay off than my golf mullies.

But sadly in life, there are no mulligans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home