Thursday, August 04, 2005

8-4-05

I got some good news and some bad news for you.

The good news first: Last Tuesday, which was nine days ago, I started a diet. Since then, I have ate no candy, sweets, etc. I even passed on the cake and ice cream at my nephew's birthday party the other day. What dedication, eh?

Anyway, I have been weighing myself every day. This morning, I got back down to the same weight I was when I started dieting! Yeah! I'll pause while you give me a golf clap. Yep, for the first nine days of my diet, I went the other direction.

After weighing the first day, I was pleased. I expected it to be much higher. So that first day after my diet started, lo and behold (I've always wanted to write that in something), I had gained 3.5 pounds.

No, the Craigman was not pleased. But I stayed the course. No, I haven't ate the best, but I have cut down my portions and cut out the sugar stuff as that was another incentive to get my weight down as my blood sugar has been sky high.

In the past, I have always been pretty good at losing weight. It's the keeping it off part that has been difficult. After finding out that I was a Type II Diabetic in 1997, I lost almost seventy pounds. Everybody thought I had Aids or something.

Then, I got married and the weight started coming back almost as fast as I lost it. Last year, my blood sugar got so bad that I couldn't see with my glasses but could see perfect without them.

That was a pretty good incentive to go on a diet and drop the old blood sugar. I did both and lost 25 pounds, but then got a little lazy again.

One thing that is hurting me is that I can't run like I used to. When I lost all the weight, I would run five miles a day then lift weights in the afternoon. I was in the best shape of my life.

So I will keep you up to date on this, if anybody bothers to read.

Now, the bad news: Swifty beat me to work this morning! I felt like such a dolt. He's always running a little behind while I'm usually here at least fifteen to twenty minutes early.

I got ragged for this, as I deserved to me. At least they didn't switch me.

Also, just thought I'd point out love is in the air at the Hall household. We have two Dachshounds, Daisy, who is a year and a half old and Buddy, who is one year old.

Well, as dogs are accustomed to doing, Daisy is in heat for the second time. The previous time, Buddy was just curious. Not this time. Buddy's after that like a drunk with an ugly girl at closing time at a honkey tonk.

His aim isn't the best, but you have to give him kudos for the effort. His old tongue was practically dragging the ground, he had been trying to hump so much. Daisy is trying to get in the corner and hide in the dog house. She is much bigger and apt to nip at the Budster if he bugs her too much.

Before I left for work this morning (and no, I wasn't late because I spent so much time watching the dogs hump!), I noticed something strange. Daisy must have gotten a little tired of Buddy doing the humping and she had turned the table and was going to town on him.

He was so tired all he could do was pant and look at her funny.

They finished pouring the concrete for our driveway. It really does look like a small airport now. But we won't have all the dust floating around and the bumps.

This is Thursday, only two days until freedom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home