Sunday, July 31, 2005

7-31-05

Aw, the quiet of a Sunday morning. The other occupants of the house are still sleeping. The only sound is the noise of my fingers tapping on the keyboard.

Yes, life is good. I have just posted a special weekend edition of The Old Man's Request because I thought up a good storyline. For those of you who have been reading it, you probably know that I usually just write a chapter on Monday through Friday.

Maybe somebody will appreiciate it.

Yesterday, was a good day. No work! We hung around the old household all morning. The wife and I decided to visit Fort Smith yesterday afternoon. The boys decided to stay home! Yes! There are many disadvantages to having teenagers, but this is one good advantage. I like being around them, but sometimes they are, in fact, teenagers.

We ate at some new restauraunt between Phoenix Avenue and Rogers Avenue. It was called Firehouse Grill, or something like that. Buffet, baby! All you could throw! I threw too much down the old mouth, but didn't pig out. I'm trying to lose some excess poundage and also get my blood sugar down, so that slowed me down a little.

Excellent buffet. Lots of different choices at different islands, so you aren't stuffed together in one place like some other buffets. Noticed there were a lot of other chubbos there, not that I was surprised. It's a perfect place for those who like to eat: lots of food and a decent price.

The food was even good! Always a plus at an eating establishment.

After that, we had some time to kill so we went by some bath place that the wife had been wanting to visit. You could buy a bar of soap for $10! We passed.

We skiddooled out and headed to the theater. The choices were Must Love Dogs and Fantastic Four. I knew the wife wanted to see the first one, so we went to see it. It was not a wretched movie or as bad as The Pacifier, but still nothing great. I figured with John Cusack, it wouldn't suck nearly as bad as some of the critics suggested.

It was semi-sort of a chick movie that tried to work in some humor. There were some funny moments, but something was lacking. It bothered me that Diane Lane should be too old to be dating Cusack, but I might be wrong. Also, I couldn't figure out how Cusack afforded his house, car and dates when apparently he had just gotten taken in a divorce and all he did was work on his wooden boat.

After the movie ended, we returned home. It was a boring night, not that I minded. Well, it is time to get the clan awake to go to church. Until next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home