Monday, August 08, 2005

8-7-05

Okay, I skipped yesterday! Sorry, I was busy!

The weekend was pretty lame for the most part. Friday evening was okay. Saturday was boring. The highlight was going to Wal-Mart. Anytime Wal-Mart is the highlight of a weekend day, you know it bites.

We argued about going to a movie. It was just the wife, the daughter and myself. We were in agreement to go see a movie, just couldn't decide what to see. Finally, we decided on Charley's Chocolate Factory. I expected it to be lame, but agreed just to get out of the house.

Then the wife remembered that the youngest son wanted to see that. He was away at his grandmother's all weekend and knew he would get rather chapped if we went without him.

So we rented four movies. They pretty much stunk. The first was Upside of Anger with Kev Costner and Joan Allen. They were basically two older drunks who were miserable so they shared their miserableness with each other. I don't know if "miserableness" is actually a word, but I'm too tired to look it up.

Old Kev was pretty good in his role. He's a much better actor when he plays a goofball character than when it's a serious part. Joan Allen also does good, the movie just drags a bit.

It's sad, but I can't remember what we watched after that. It was late and I was about to fall asleep, that's about it. Oh yeah, now I remember. It was Blast!, a movie so bad they didn't have a web site to link to. This was worse than The Pacifier!

Eddie Griffin's the star. He needs to stick to his goofball roles. He just doesn't cut it as a serious actor, or an action hero. He'd say something and I thought he was trying to be funny, only to realize he was serious.

Yep, a bad flick.

Yesterday, which was Sunday, we hit church, then I came home and did yard work. I mowed the yard and took a quick swim. I was about to do the weedeating thing (with the new weedeater I bought Saturday!) when a storm hit. We got a blast of wind hard enough to turn out trampoline over.

It hit my smoker or it would have smashed into the garage. The smoker is heavy, but was turned over. The legs on the trampoline were bent, but I used my super human strength to salvage it. The trampoline landed on my crape myrtles, but only hurt one branch.

We did find one of the two missing hamsters last night. It scampered into the laundry room but we captured the little beast. The other one is still missing. That's the one that escaped the other day and scooted between my legs while I was on the toilet.

I figure we'll find this one when it starts stinking. That reminds me of our first Easter together as a family.

We did the Easter Egg thing. The youngest son was about seven then. A few days after Easter, a bad smell started coming out of the boys' room they shared. At first, I thought somebody had left a skidster on their drawers or something, but it kept getting worse. Kind of like the movie Blast.

The wife did some exploring and discored the youngest son's Easter basket in the closet, complete with some eggs!

There were bugs and maggot-looking things crawling all over them. I got to toss them out. Hopefully the missing hamster doesn't start smelling that bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home