Tuesday, August 09, 2005

8-8-05

We've had rain the last two days. It's been good to reduce the temperature, but this means it's back to mowing.

My yard needs weedeated worse than a German woman's pits. Yesterday was fairly boring. Had a school board meeting last night that only lasted an hour. That's almost a record. Most of them go for a good two hours.

School starts Thursday. I like the summer since nobody else is awake before I go to work. Now, there will be lots of noise and commotion. Dookie!

My diet is still a complete failure. Yesterday, I had put on 2.5 pounds. I dropped half a pound by this morning so in the two weeks of my diet, I have gained two pounds! I guess this will have to be changed to the un-diet.

The old blood sugar is also still riding a little high. It has been down to 131 in the morning, but was resting at a smooth 154 this morning. That's not good. It should be below 120. In the past, when I've had problems I could bring it down by myself. This time, it isn't working. But I also haven't been exercising because of body aches.

Found a few interesting items in the news this morning that I'd like to share.

  • A scientist has found that men do have trouble hearing women. Really? It's not that we have trouble hearing them, it's that a lot of times we don't WANT to hear them. I can have told them that without doing a lot of research.
  • A Texas man plans to visit every Starbucks. I can understand somebody wanting to see a game in every major league baseball stadium. But not visit Starbucks. I, for one, am glad and a little disturbed to know I live in a country where people aren't put in jail for doing stupid things like this.
  • A Macedonian man left his wife at an Italian service station and didn't realize he had drove off without her for six hours. Uh huh. Sure you didn't. I'd figure it out after the first moment of silence.
  • In Los Angeles, a photographer was trying to snap some pictures of Brittney Spears' baby shower. Instead of doing the shooting, he was plugged in the leg with a pellet gun. No word on who the shooter was. If she can't shoot any better than she sings, the shooter must be somebody else.
  • A business executive was jailed for molesting a woman sleeping next to him on a plane. Okay, we've got the no smoking or cell phones signs. The "No copping a feel from sleeping passengers" sign must have been on the blink.
  • Sadly, a South Korean man had a heart attack and died, shortly after playing video games for 50 hours nonstop. What's the point? There is no point. If I played video games for that long, I would probably die also. But it wouldn't be from a heart attack.
  • A New York radio station stopped its "slapfest" routine where women slapped other women for prizes. This happened shortly after being fined for $240,000.
  • A 15-year old boy was sentenced to three days of community service for harassment. His crime? Pinching and twisting the nipples of a 13-year old boy. Who knew a titty twister was illegal?

That's enough for today. I'm still searching for the great closing lines. I would thank everybody for their suggestions and comments, except I haven't gotten any.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home