Friday, December 09, 2005

12-9-05

Roads have cleared but it is still icy and cold. Was 6 degrees this morning, one of the colder mornings I can remember. It's a good thing the wind wasn't blowing or it would have been miserable.

It's strange. In the summer, you always wish for colder weather and in the winter, you long for warmer weather.

Right now, I would almost be willing to go back to mowing. Fall and spring just don't last long enough most of the time.

This is one that makes me feel a little old. I've been in my current profession for sixteen years. That's longer than I went to public schools. Aargh!

Been married eight years as of next Sunday. I've watched my wife's sons go from little boys to almost adults. Key word is almost. Sometimes they are very mature. Other times, they are still kids. Something they have in common with me, I guess.

It's actually supposed to get over freezing later today. Still hasn't hit it yet. Feel sorry for our dogs, especially the puppies. They don't know what to think about this white stuff.

We actually don't have anything special this weekend. Need a weekend like that after making the Branson trip last week. I'm sure the wife and family will want to do anything, I just hope it does not involve shopping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home