Wednesday, November 30, 2005

11-30-05

Hard to believe this is the last day of November. Only 25 days or whatever to Christmas. Don't hardly have the Christmas spirit flowing as of yet.

Last year, it never arrived like it should.

We still have five puppies if anybody is interested. Dachshund puppies, to be more accurate. Three males, two females. Cost is $100 for the chicks, $75 for the guys.

Watched Mr. and Mrs. Smith last night. The wife and daughter watched it at the movie and said it was good. Pretty good flick. Starts off a little slow, but the action picks up. Not the best movie I have ever seen, but a good way to spend a couple of hours.

Plus, it counted for family time! They meet, get married, but have separate lives. Turns out they are both assassins and when they go after the same person, the fecal material hits the fan. After that, they have 24 hours to wipe each other out or they will be eliminated.

Angelina still has big, uh, lips. They argue a lot, which I have discovered is true among most married couples. But the knockdown battle they have tops them all.

Ever wonder what a spider looks like close up? Here's your chance. Click here. This is a picture I took Saturday. Used a 50 mm macro lens along with an extension tube to get so close. Part of the picture was a little dark so I had to work on it.

The spider was on a stick that my son was holding. It kept scampering.

It has been deer hunting season around here for the last month or so. Everybody asks if I hunt. I tell them I'll start hunting when you can't buy hamburger meat at the store. Not hunting around here makes people think you are strange, not that I care.

I just can't shoot anything unless it is a poisonous snake or something wanting to attack the old Craigman. I do kill spiders and enjoy smashing dogticks on the concrete with lawn furniture (something my wife does not get the same thrill about). But I must be too tender hearted. Just don't think I can kill a living creature. Plus, I don't really care for any meat that you can't find at the grocery store.

That's one reason why I won't eat Mexican or Chinese food. I'm sure they use regular meat, but the worry about them running short of meat and catching a mouse or rat bothers me.

I do have my own kind of hunting. It is hunting for bugs and other things to photograph. A lot less bloody. I do sometimes get a little dirty and it bothers my children when one of their friends asks them why their father was crawling around out in the yard.

Luckily, they have accepted it.

Sadly, I must go. I am writing a new book and posting a chapter a day. This is a little rowdy, so I am not sharing it with everybody. Sadly, no redeeming factors with the book. Just silly. No cussing or anything really bad, but the characters get in their share of trouble. The title is When Squiggy Met Mule.

The story is based on the characters from The Old Man's Request, a book I published earlier this year.

If you want the link, send an email to thecraigman2003@yahoo.com and I'll send it your way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home