Monday, November 28, 2005

11-28-05

Kind of a sad day for the old Craigman.

No, not just cause I had to come back to work. We had a duck living in one of our ponds that I fed everyday. Went up there to feed the little fellow yesterday and his feathers were scattered everywhere and he was belly up.

Hope my dog didn't do it. We had the duck for quite a while. Used to be my brother's duck, but one day one of our former dogs had captured it. I had to swim in the pond to rescue it and from that point on, the duck stayed at my house.

Here's one of my favorite pictures. Now, I'll have to figure out another excuse to sneak out of the house.

The youngest son is ill today. Must be the traumatic post-Thanksgiving bug going around. Just been off school for 10 days and needed another one.

We hit the movies Saturday night. Watched Yours, Mine and Ours starring Dennis Quaid and Rene Russo.

This was a movie the wife and daughter wanted to see. I didn't really care, just wanted to get out of the house. We went to the theater in Poteau. They are still showing Harry Potter so a bunch of squeamish little kids were there.

The movie was about what I expected. Kind of a knock off of The Brady Bunch, except on steroids. Dennis Quaid is some Coast Guard guy. Rene Russo is a free-spirited mother. He had eight kids. She has 10. As if. And they're single parents!

They're old sweethearts back before they were dumb enough to have so many kids. Naturally, they hit it off and get married, or there wouldn't have been a movie.

So the kids don't like each other. They form up to drive the parents apart with little humor. It works, then the kids realize they like each other and want the parents back together. Blah, blah, blah.

The wife and daughter liked it, of course. It started raining hard midway through the movie. The wife started complaining that somebody was throwing ice at her. No kids back behind her. We swapped seats and I got splattered. Figured out the roof was leaking.

Nice. I like paying $6 or whatever to watch a cruddy movie then get rained on.

The old nails were getting a little long. Not like 9 Inches Long, the name of some musical group I have never listened to, but long enough to bother me. That got me to wondering. Why the heck do we have toenails and fingernails.

At least the chicks can dress them up by painting them, like that makes any sense. But really, it's not like we use our nails to climb trees or anything. Does help the dippers open snuff cans, but other than that, have no purpose in them.

I ought to create something that will freeze the nails at the exact length necessary. That could make me a zillionaire, except I don't have a clue how to do it.

We can send instant messages and talk to somebody around the world, but can't figure out some way to stunt the growth of a toenail. People, that just isn't right.

Enough for today. I am out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home