Wednesday, September 28, 2005

9-28-05

Ahoy mateys and...what exactly are female mates? Matessess? Shemates?

Oh well, who really gives a flying fooey. I never have before, given a flying fooey and actually don't know how to give one.

Maybe another use of words would be more appropriate.

Speaking of a word that makes me think. It's "blackmail". Why is it called that? If an African American can kidnap somebody and demand a ranson, maybe then I can see it being called that, although I still don't get the "mail" part of the end. I guess at one time ransoms came through the mail.

If a white person kidnaps somebody, shouldn't it be called "whitemail". So, what if an Asian person kidnapped somebody? Should it not be a, well, I don't know what it should be called. What I think it should be called would have many Asian-type person protesting outside my hacienda.

We are finally supposed to get a little cooler weather tonight and tomorrow. It's still in the mid-90's but is supposed to have a high of 73 tomorrow.

Cool.

And now for an update on the pet situation:

I feel sorry for my dog, Maggie. She's had Harley as company all these years and since he passed away, she's all alone. Plus, she's 12 and isn't quite as exciteable as in years past.

Daisy is still bloated. No puppies yet. If she doesn't poot them out in the next day or so, we'll probably have to take her to the vet.

No school today. Something called Professional Day. Actually it's Give The Kids A Day Off School So They Won't All Skip School And Go To The Fair Day. I'm not a real big fan of the Arkansas-Oklahoma State Fair in Fort Smith. We went a few years ago and it stunk. Therefore, it shall stink forever. That's my excuse as to why we don't take the chitlins and go.

Plus, the rides usually make me want to upchuck. I also wonder how they came up with that word. Did some guy name Chuck vomit so bad that everybody was standing around hollering and encouraging him to give some more? "Up Chuck!" Probably not.

Then again, vomit is not a very nice name. Just saying it, if you can keep from picturing the act is not good. "Pardon me, kind sir, while I go vomit" just does not have a good ring to it. Not that "hurl" or "yack" is any better.

"My stomach does not feel better and is about to unload" is about the best way to say it, I guess.

That's enough for today. Have to make a Fort Smith trip this evening. Boo. Hiss. Hopefull it's without chitlins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home