Tuesday, September 27, 2005

9-27-05

Don't touch that dial. This is the same one that at one time was Craig's Bloggage. I decided that sounded like something like a heart attack or constipation.

Thanks to RJP for the suggestion of the title. Since I was going with a new title, I also decided to change the look at the same time.

RJP also suggested the name "From My Mind's Eye". This is his explanation for the title: A phrase by Frasier Crane in an episode of Cheers. Cliff Clavin states something stupendously stupid and Frasier excuses himself by saying "Pardon me while I go and poke out my mind's eye."

Works for me, I guess.

My weenie dog, Daisy, still hasn't spit out her puppies yet. She looks bloated. Naturally, Daisy is built a little low to the ground but if she keeps putting on weight before the puppies come, her teats (notice that word?) will get caught in the grass.

I keep expecting to wake up every morning and have puppies. The wife and kids are looking forward to it. I'm rather passive. I know they will wake to keep at least one and we're over our quota of pets.

Our little web site hit 15,000 hits earlier today. Not bad for one month. Yesterday, it had over 1,000 hits.

Somebody asked me the other day why I do it. I really couldn't answer. It is something I believe is needed and people enjoy. For a lot of us, there are some good memories in that site. The old hometown has changed a lot over the years but the pictures and stories can take us back to a time when this was probably a better place to live.

I really believe it means more to a lot of people living off than it does for people here. But I could be wrong. That has happened before. But not nearly as frequently as my wife says.

But I also hope that this can help motivate people to make a difference. If nothing changes, Heavener will continue to get worse. That is what happens when your best and brightest have to live somewhere else to get the income they deserve. We need to figure out a way to keep some of them here, or at least make them want to come back here when they retire.

It is time to go away for the day. May you have a good one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home