Thursday, September 22, 2005

9-22-05

I've always found it strange that when a person is young, they can't wait until they get older. I'm not talking nursing home home, more along the lines of 30 and 40.

I remember thinking about how simple life would be at this age. Lots of money, a job you enjoy and all fun, that's what I expected.

Turns out that isn't exactly what most people get.

Then when they get to be this age, they long for a return back to the younger and simple days where they had no responsibilities and few worries.

It just doesn't seem right. But I guess there are a lot of things not right in this world we live in. We wind up regretting decisions that we made at an earlier age that can't be reversed. So we look back to these life-changing events and wish we had done this, instead of that, or chose something else over what we decided was the way to go.

Our parents try to teach us right or wrong, for the most part. They also try to give good advice, my problem was thinking I knew more than they did.

It's something I see from kids a lot these days. They think their parents are telling them something to be mean or something, instead of because they have been through something similar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home