Thursday, September 01, 2005

9-1-05

Holy Batmanure, it's September. Still hot, but there is a touch of fall in the air, at least in the night and early mornings.

During the day, it's still hot. Expected to be hot again today.

Which is why I was surprised to see our youngest son wearing a sweatshirt this morning.

I asked him if he knew it was going to be hot today.

"So?" he answered.

Then I asked why he was wearing a sweatshirt.

"Because I can."

That's his answer lately to any question as to why he has done something or is doing something. I made sure that he knew that it was going to be really hot and asked again, why he was wearing a sweatshirt.

"Cause everybody else is."

I wanted to ask him if he would stick his head in a full toilet if everybody else did, but let it pass. Now, I figure he will lose his sweatshirt. He already had the sleeves rolled up by the time he and his brother left for school.

Enough about that. Gas prices went up a lot yesterday. We are now paying $2.89 a gallon. Have to give credit to one local convenience store. They kept their prices at $2.69 when everybody else had already increased the cost to $2.89 per gallon.

I got four gallons of gas to mow with and paid over $10. The old lawn will not get the same mowing attention as it is used to.

This will hit hard everywhere. Costs on everything will go up. The only thing that won't is the salaries for people who work for other people. I'm just glad that I don't have to drive a long way to and from work.

I am not an economist, but know this will have a bad effect on our economy. This will increase the cost on everything. The fed still plans on bumping the interest rates two more times before the first of theyear.

That would not help. Just my thoughts on the situation. After 9-11, a lot of the people in gas got in deep doo-doo for what happened with the prices, but I don't hear the same uproar this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home