Thursday, September 29, 2005

9-29-05

Hey, we're on a roll now. Three straight days.

Survived the trip to Fort Smith last night. Ate at Logan's Roadhouse. Excellent rolls. Had a little sirloin. So-so. Usually is better. Well nourished, though. Did not go to bed hungry.

Got to see some excellent lightning strikes. After eating, had to go to JC Penny's, you know, where America goes...uh, I can't remember their slogan. They were having quite the sale. Suckered us out of too much money but Daddy had to have some new jeans or the world would see more of my posterior than they would like.

I wasn't all that worried. The wife was pretty set on getting some new jeans as the other ones were worn out. I look at it as skidmark protection.

There was some pretty serious rain on the way back between the greater Rock Island Metropolitan area and the outskirts of Poteau. We were sliding all over the road.

After we got home, found out the electricity was out. Stayed off another hour or so before it came on, went off, then came on for good. No word yet on whether the hospitals are worried about a baby epidimic in nine months.

Everybody always likes to complain about the utility companies. So do I, at least as far as price, but I must give it to OG&E. We didn't call and complain about the electricity. At least the wife and I didn't. The boys might have since they were busy playing computer games when the juice got zapped.

But a lady from OG&E actually called to make sure we had our electricity. I didn't know utility companies actually had people that could talk on phones.

I slept most of the way to Fort Smith so sadly, I didn't come up with anything brilliant. I doubt if I'd been awake it would have made much of a difference, either. But while eating some peanuts and throwing the hulls at other people when they mistakenly looked the other direction, I had a thought.

Actually, it was a complaint. I heard somebody say "I googled it." Uh, can't you just say you did a search for it on the computer? How the heck do you "google" something.

That almost sounds like something you'd hear out of an R-rated movie. I can just imagine some teen with bad acne asking another teen the following: "Uh, what'd you do last night?"

"Not much," the other future leader of our nation would respond. "Had a date with (please insert name here)."

"Cool," said the lonely boy who probably hasn't had a date in his life. "How'd it go?"

"Pretty good, we googled for quite a while!"

The other boy is astounded. He had no idea the girl would google. She certainly didn't look like the type to google, but you just can't tell about a person by outside appearance. She was obviously a googmpho.

So after that thought, I ask everybody to please refrain from saying they "googled" something.

Got a letter from a local attorney. It was a statement. Under amount due, it said nada. So this person sent me (or actually our employer) a statement saying nothing was due. That cost him 37 cents.

Enough for today. Rather cool this morning. Almost a little, well, never mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home