Sunday, November 20, 2005

11-20-05

Okay, I am going to start writing the blog again. Been tied up a lot (not in like a you-know-what way), just get real busy and forget the important things in life. Guess I'll need to change it from a semi-daily blog to a monthly one.

Had our second Thanksgiving dinner of the year today after church. One more to go and we can bid that adios. Our puppies will be seven weeks old tomorrow. Little farts are all over everything. They are living on our back deck and just in case you didn't know it, six puppies tend to make doo-doo frequently.

We have to clean it off at least once a day just to walk through the minefield that is our back deck. There's a shovel on the deck for a poop scooper.

They are still trying to get some milk from Daisy, who has shied away from that since the puppies got teeth. Yes, they have teeth. Sharp little puppy teeth.

Still trying to recover from the OU-Texas Tech game yesterday. Refs botched two calls at the end that allowed Tech to win. Nothing will come of it, of course, but they were two of the worst calls in a football game I have ever seen. Fortunately, it was only my dog, Buddy, and me watching the game.

He was lying on the couch next to me. Apparently, I must have hollered at the television and the officials (like that would do any good) and he moved over to the chair and looked at me like I was an idiot, a look he shares with my wife, at times.

Usually I reserve this sort of behavior for the Texas game. This is the first time I've actually hollered at the television for a long time. Sometimes I'll tell the television whatever just happened was a stupid call.

The television never has answered back, which is probably good as it would look rather strange having a conversation with a television.

This morning, the Fort Smith paper had a story on the game courtesy of the Associated Press. The writer didn't even mention one of the terrible calls and blew the other away like it wasn't that big of a deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home