Thursday, December 08, 2005

12-8-05

We got our first taste of winter last night. It snowed some and mixed with ice. Got about one or two inches. Roads are still covered with ice.

I still stand by my comment yesterday that the weather has changed. Last year, it only snowed once, right before Christmas so we did have a white Christmas, only the second one I can remember.

Back when I was a kid, we got about a foot one Christmas. Don't remember the year, but sometime in the mid-70s.

I almost have the pics ready from the basketball game Tuesday night. I switched to recording the images to RAW this year instead of JPEG. Takes a lot longer as you have to basically process each image, but gives off a lot better picture. I failed to turn the flash on for the start of the boys game and halftime, but was still able to salvage the image, which I couldn't have done if I was shooting JPEG.

I was late getting to the game as we had to run up to Fort Smith. Only took half of the girl's game and didn't get many good pictures as the game was a blowout.

It's much easier to get pictures from the boys as they drive to the basket a lot more. No award winners, but some decent shots for the first basketball game of the year. I used my 28-105 mm, the same one that I used last year.

The next game, I am going to try my 70-200 mm lens just for fun. Because of the lens, it will be a little harder to get the action under the basket, but should be able to get a little sharper images.

Told the superintendent and a few others that I was not going to run for school board. I've been on it for about 4 1/2 years and a little tired of all the calls. Last year, things were in an uproar and I about stepped down, but hung in there. Now, things are smooth and it is time for somebody else to fill in.

I have always tried to do what is best for the school overall. Some of my decisions weren't popular, but it was what I thought was best for everybody, not just a select few.

There are quite a few cars and trucks going by on the highway. We have had a few customers. This is always the case when the weather is bad. People have to get out to test their manhood or something, although there are a lot of women out and I doubt that is what they are testing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home