Tuesday, December 06, 2005

12-6-05

Finally get to shoot a basketball game tonight. I really like football, but basketball is a lot better, as far as taking pictures is concerned.

Heavener plays Mansfield at home tonight, the first game here this year. Christmas is less than 20 days away and I haven't bought anything yet. I used to always wait and shop on the 23rd or 24th, back in my single days. As a married person, it has been necessary to change my ways, not that I like it.

I have found that all the stuff my wife wants is usually gone if I wait too long. So far, she hasn't dropped any hints. I know if I just go out and buy stuff I think is cool, it won't be the right thing.

She takes care of shopping for the kids, which is good. I am the world's worst shopper. I absolutely hate it. I try to speed-shop, which doesn't work out that well. I know about what to spend and then find a few things to buy. Usually, that meets with the "Oh" look when a person gets something they really didn't want.

I have practiced my gift receiving to the point nobody can tell whether it was something I really want or an item that will be put away, never to resurface.

I've only hinted at a couple of things this year. The boys are pretty good about telling my wife to buy this or that. It's usually something they want. Pretty cool trick. I need to work on buying my wife stuff that she would like, but I could also use.

Might get her a DVD player for the bedroom. Notice, that is something we could both use! I shy away from buying her clothes. Learned that lesson the first time I bought her something and it was way too big. She gave me the old "do I look that big?" look.

So clothes are out. Perfume is always a good choice. I even know what kind she likes. I also have to be careful on buying books and movies. I'll usually buy something she already has, sometimes it's even a gift I've already bought her.

I have made the mistake of giving her the same anniversary card two years in a row before. She's good at remembering stuff like that. I could get the same card from 10 different people and not even notice.

I'm also a little bad about getting cards for the special occasions. Our anniversary is coming up later in December. (I actually remember the date!) Already got her the gift, since I already have mine, but will need to get a card. My cards used to be the humorous ones, until I realized that wasn't what she was looking to get. Now I tend to get her the kinds of fluffy cards that are romantic.

Works for me and makes her happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home