Monday, December 12, 2005

12-12-05

I have yet to feel the Christmas spirit!

And only 13 more days to find it. It just doesn't seem like December and Christmas time, even though we did have some snow last week.

It's rather sad. Every year, it gets harder to get excited about Christmas, as far as the gift giving and gathering together with families. I can see why so many people are depressed. Me? No depression over Christmas, just not looking forward to it.

We've had our tree up since around Thanksgiving, but I rarely pay attention to it. It's a nice tree, one of those that spin around. It just doesn't have the real smell. Somebody needs to market fake Christmas trees with the smell of a real one.

Wish I was smart enough to figure out to do that. Always looking for some scheme to become filthy rich.

We watched The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe on Saturday night. Didn't get rained on inside the theater this time, thank goodness. Was a good flick, excellent special effects although the lion seems to switch sizes at times. Sometimes it is massive, other times seems to be normal sized.

Kinda like my appetite. Lost three pounds without trying last week. Then I tried to be careful the latter part of the week and through the weekend and put the weight back on. What a booger, eh?

The weekend was rather boring. On Friday night, went out to eat at the Belle, which was bloated with people thanks to their all-you-can-throw catfish dinner. I'm not a big bottom-dweller eater so I went with some charred meat on a bun with some fries tossed in. My oldest son took it easy on the catfish.

Then, on Saturday, hung out at the homestead until it was time to go watch the movie. Heavener had its Christmas parade that day but I missed it. Yesterday, hit church up twice and inbetween had to visit Wal Mart. Ugh.

As usual, nature called while at Wal Mart. Numero uno plus one, to be exact. I hate using the restroom there, although some of the writing on the wall can be interesting at times. I followed this old man into the rest room. He bypassed the urinal and hit the regular person stall, leaving me with the handicapped stall. Then, all he did was wee wee. What a log!

So I went about doing my business. As I was doing the transaction, another old man came into the stall next to me. It took him a good three to four minutes to drop anchor and begin his transaction. I hope I never get that slow.

After finishing up, I exited the stall and expected to see some guy in a wheelchair glaring at me, but the coast was clear, thank goodness.

It was a short stop at Wal Mart. I huffed and puffed enough to speed up the shopping and we were able to escape.

Came home and our new deck was about finished. We did sell another puppy yesterday. Now down to four. It was one of my favorites, a little male we called Jack. All the puppies were good, but he was at the top of the list.

After getting home, I went in search of bugs and little stuff to take pictures of, but could only find a dogtick that I plucked off my dog, Gabby. I have yet to decide if a picture of a dogtick is worthy of being published. Turned out rather good. You can see all the little claws and stuff. After serving as my photo subject, it was rewarded by getting thrown into the pond.

Sadly, the dogtick must have missed swimming lessons and he sunk like a rock. I was thinking a fish might get him, but they must be slumbering.

Enough for today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home